Laserfiche WebLink
',, •??t? ?pjl a?r . s;m . <br />_ .O^ ? ... ? . <br />• In 1901, the northern part of Dover Township broke away and soon formed the village of <br />Bay, which became Bay Village in 1950. In 1908 the southeastern part of Dover Township <br />became a part of North Olmsted when it was incorporated in 1908. In 1911 the village of <br />Dover was incorporated to the south of Bay. It eventually changed its name to Westlake in <br />1940. <br />• William's three sons, John, Frank and Ralph Biddulph inherited the house and property <br />after their father's death in 1922. Ralph Biddulph farmed the property until 1924 when he <br />established the North Olmsted Feed and Basket Company. <br />• In 1951, North Olmsted becomes a city when population reaches 5,000 residents. <br />• In 1984 Steve J. and Alfreda Flagner were the owners and landlords of the Knight- <br />Biddulph house when the ordered demolition of the fire-damaged house was averted and <br />restoration work begun. Restoration work was completed in 1985. <br />• On March 9, 2000, William R. Kraley bought the Knight-Biddulph house from Alfreda <br />Flagner. In 2010 the Richard H. Knight - William Biddulph house was declared a Historic <br />Building by the North Olmsted Landmarks Commission. A plaque was given to Mr. Kraley <br />at a meeting of the Commission.